For those of you coming from directories or services that mask my URL, I am located at http://intelligentash.blogspot.com/

***WARNING*** Some of the poetry on this site may be considered explicit or have adult themes. If you are easily offended, you may not want to view the content of this site.

September 05, 2005

Friends of Words I Once Penned



pricked by the thorns
of black roses,
she bleeds heroin
in mother's milk
and I suck
in her apathy
until I turn my
back on the divine
and drape myself
in the flesh
of loose women,
cheap wine
and heresy.

many years later
friends of words
i once penned,
find me
incoherent
and babbling of the
gods i have forsaken
and write an
epic of loss
(each word falling
like loose change
into the cup
of vagrant angels
too eager
to kick the
shit out of
a forgotten poet
who blasphemed
one too many times.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they have a term for this max, i think its word junkie. :)

(each word falling
like loose change
into the cup
of vagrant angels
too eager
to kick the
shit out of
a forgotten poet
who blasphemed
one too many times.)


you're one of the very few people who can write "kick the shit out" and talk of seraphim hobos at the same time.
or maybe it's just because i get a kick out of anything blasphemous. :)

well worth the wait, max. thank you for making me exhale after such a long, indrawn inhalation, hankering for your next poem.

S.L. Corsua said...

Wwaaahh! (Forgive the incoherent outburst... I am so excited to read a new poem of yours, after months of deprivation, that I might pee right where I'm sitting. Haha. ^_^)

Uhurm. This reads as though it were written with a sense of urgency -- the one a writer has when he/she can't pen the words fast enough. There is an element of frustration, too, with regard to the situation portrayed, that I can almost imagine the pressure of the pen (or the intensity of fingers on the keyboard) while this piece is written.

And the frankness, too, is there, staring the reader in the eye.

*thud*

Reading you leaves me in a state of drugged "high." ^_^

I wish you well, dear. (And I do hope to read more of your one-of-a-kind poetry.)

Anonymous said...

^____^ hello! that was, as expected, beautiful. as always, your words echo in my head and resonate in the recesses of my heart. this poem impresses an emotion of bitterness on me.

(each word falling
like loose change
into the cup
of vagrant angels
too eager
to kick the
shit out of
a forgotten poet
who blasphemed
one too many times.)

but somehow i think you're the one who's mocking your angels and not the other way around. ^_^